Our family now...

Our family now...
Now unto Him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the Power that worketh in us. Ephesians 3:20

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Expecting Unearned And Undeserved Favor

Well, Cindy asked me to jump in and help with her blog since we are still disoriented, overwhelmed, and basically out of sorts.



Although we have arrived in our first ever 6 Star Hotel, the cost per night is about like an above average hotel in the US. It seems very odd to be in such a great environment that does not feel in any way like a vacation, but more like an incredibly critical mission with huge consequences.

Peyton Min is an incredibly intelligent and unbelievably intense little boy who is what I like to call the Ultimate zeigarnik effect in action! If you have ever heard of this concept it is when a person who has begun a task (opened a loop), he must complete the task (close the loop).

Interrupting a loop that is in the process of being closed results in less than adequate response from our little guy :-)

This has aggravated Cindy quite a bit. With the challenge of not being able to communicate well (I exaggerate... at all in Chinese, that is), combined with limited patience has been our greatest challenge. Peyton has also not been introduced to the word, "no" before...

Sometimes it seems like all we are saying is "no" and for a guy like me who likes to communicate, this is the lowest common denominator of the worst kind of communication. It has made me so incredibly grateful for the amazing patience God has with me. How difficult and even painful it must be for God to not directly intervene and force me to do what he knows is best for me... All the while I complain and argue with HIM about how I KNOW what is best for me... Just like little Peyton Min.




It seems like everything I lack as a parent seems to be the very area where His unmerited, unearned, and undeserved favor is flowing towards me if I will just receive it by faith with a thankful heart and wait for His perfect timing and provision!

Oh the joy of knowing that you are greatly blessed, highly favored, and deeply loved...and then passing on this great inheritance to a little one who has never known this amazing love!

I will labor to enter the rest of knowing my inheritance that "all things are working together for my good!"


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Garden Hotel Guangzhou GZ

1 comment:

  1. Love that crew. You are highly favored. What a challenging blessing. Love and hugs

    ReplyDelete